UPDATE: The eighth and final session scheduled for Monday, February 27th is FULL.
COMING SOON: Summer Asheville Swim League! Every Saturday morning from June 3rd to July 29th, participants will be able to enjoy coached instruction with Coach Susan from 8:30am-9:30am. Stay tuned for more info!
What is the AVL Swim League? The intention of the swim league is to build and grow a swimming community in WNC. All levels and abilities of swimmers, will be training together in a friendly, cohesive, structured and coached GROUP atmosphere.
How is the AVL structured? Novice/Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced/Expert Swim Groups for adults ages 18 and up, with swim leaders and pool-side support and instruction.
Location: All swims unless otherwise noted will meet at the Leila Patterson Center in Fletcher, NC. The LPC Pool is an INDOOR, 25 Yard pool… pretty incredible! We will meet Mondays from 7:15 - 8:15pm. Yes, we know that is ‘late’ but there is very, very limited availability in pools across our area. We are grateful the LPC is opening up three lanes for us during this time each week for the swim league.
How many lanes? We will have three lanes reserved for the Swim League. To prevent over crowding in the lanes, it will be first come first serve and capped at 15 total participants. See below for more info on what will be taught and what to expect at the swim sessions.
Cost: The Swim League is only a $5 fee to the Lelia Patterson Center for pool usage! The coaches, an additional donation to the LPC for facility usage and swim programming are paid for through the iDream Athletes Foundation scholarship fund.
Contact email@example.com with questions!
- Each swim session will be have swim coaches on the deck to assist in stroke technique and training.
- The Asheville Winter Swim League is set for Mondays at 7:15pm for one hour each session, for adults ages 18 and up.
- The Swim League is eight weeks starting Monday, January 9th through Monday, February 27th.
- The Lelia Patterson Center in Fletcher, NC is excited and ready to host the Asheville Swim League swimmers in 2023!
- A $5 LPC pool usage fee per participant, per swim and a waiver must be signed at the front desk of the LPC before entering the pool.
- Swim sign-ups are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Online sign-up/Registration will open on Thursdays at noon prior to each Monday swim.
- A workout for various swim abilities and levels is provided at each swim session.
- In order to provide the best experience for all participants. The swim league is capped at 15 swimmers per session.
- Three lanes will be dedicated to the swim league. One lane is designated for drills and swim stroke training and teaching. Two lanes are dedicated for fitness/workout. One of these lanes will also work on flip-turns and other drills throughout the practice.
- All abilities are welcome, adults ages 18 and up. No matter if you are a semi-pro swimmer out of shape and ready to get back into the pool or a complete newbie that wants to learn swim strokes or an athlete interested in trying your first triathlon this summer. We have a spot reserved for you!
- You do not have to be a Lelia Patterson Center member to participate.
- Consider making a donation to iDream Athletes Foundation to assist in the expenses of offering this program. Including coaching and pool fees. Donations can be accepted at the swim league or online. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.