2020 Asheville Triathlon EVENT CAPPED AT 150! Daph Events is proud to announce that the registration is back open for the Asheville Triathlon! We have also added a new option to the Asheville Triathlon experience, a Virtual & Self-Serve AVL Triathlon event...
Here at iDaph Events, your safety is our top priority. We want to ensure that our participants, staff and volunteers stay safe and healthy, and we are following all of the necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 at sport events.
In order to provide a safe environment at our sporting events and adhere to the North Carolina guidelines in regards to COVID-19, we will be administering the following safety measures at each of our events. These are the general guidelines: Every event is different, and we will adjust accordingly for each sports event. These guidelines are subject to change with the evolving situation.
Each participant and attendee shall be required to complete a declaration when checking in at the event that they are not currently infected by COVID-19 and have not had, or knowingly been in contact with, someone experiencing any of the following COVID-19 symptoms in the past 14 days:
• Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
• Muscle pain
• Sore throat
• New loss of taste or smell
Contactless temperature checks will be conducted for everyone entering the event space. A person with a body temperature reading of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (38 degrees Celsius) will not be permitted to enter.
Cleaning and Sanitization
• We will ensure accessible handwashing stations, alcohol based hand gel and hygiene facilities at multiple locations in the event facility.
• Our staff and volunteers will disinfect door handles (if we have an indoor event), clean frequently touched surfaces and objects in all areas several times per day.
Personal protective equipment
•All event staff and volunteers will wear face coverings at all times.
• In addition to social distancing measures, face coverings for participants are required while starting an event and upon finishing. We will have buffs for sale at the event.
• We will ensure availability of gloves to our staff and volunteers who are handling any items related to the event.
To protect the safety of our community, we will not be conducting mass event starts. Instead, we are offering time trial starts. Time trial starts are wave (rolling) starts with limited participants in each wave over the span of longer time periods to ensure everyone is evenly spaced out.
Participants are asked to leave the finish area immediately after completing the event. Our awards ceremonies will be conducted virtually.
Cheering on athletes
We are strongly discouraging any handshakes, hugs or high-fives. Instead, show your excitement for your teammate by pumping your hands in the air or clapping.
Bring your own hydration, fuel and additional items
Please bring your own water bottle, snacks and refreshments. There are lots of great, easy to carry and run with - reusable personal hydration options available now! Contact our friends at Fleet Feet Asheville to find out more!
ATHLETES SHOULD CONSIDER BRINGING ADDITIONAL ITEMS:
• Face coverings (consider having multiple as backups)
• Disinfectant wipes
• Hand sanitizer
• Cycling repair kit
• Plastic bags for removal of personal items
At Risk Persons
Anyone who falls under or lives with someone in these categories is encouraged not to participate in events at this time:
• People over 65 years of age
• People who have chronic lung disease, moderate to severe asthma, or severe heart disease;
• People who are immunocompromised: those who have undergone or are undergoing cancer treatment, bone marrow or organ transplantation; anyone with immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, or had prolonged use of corticosteroids; and smokers;
• People of any age with class III or severe obesity; or
• Anyone diagnosed with the following underlying conditions: diabetes, liver disease, and persons with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis.
If you are not feeling well, or you simply do not want to attend because you are not comfortable attending due to personal concerns, practicing quarantine, etc., there will be a virtual option for all of our events. Our virtual runs and rides are a great alternative to every event, and you can complete them at your own time and still receive event swag!
If COVID happens
We will have a plan in place if anyone is showing symptoms of COVID-19 ( including fever, cough, shortness of breath) so that all or our staff and volunteers are informed of the situation and can take the proper precautions, provide a mask for the individual and find a safe and isolated area for them. We will notify our participants if we find any suspected cases, or if there is a confirmed case after the event. We will notify participants via email.
We are broadening our deferral and cancellation policies for all of our events including new grace periods for cancellations, refunds and deferrals. If you are sick, please stay home! There are other options for you and this is not the time for you to be ‘hard’ core and ‘tough it out’ at an event.
We will continually assess, based on current conditions, whether to postpone, cancel, defer, make an event a virtual only event or significantly reduce the number of attendees (if possible) for mass gatherings.
We are working closely with our local public health officials and local emergency operations teams to coordinate and plan each event and ensure a solid plan is in place to prepare for key prevention strategies and address various scenarios. If there is a COVID-19 outbreak, we will inform our participants of the decision to postpone or cancel the event. PLEASE READ OUR REFUND/CANCELATION POLICY, they are customized for each event.
We ask for everyone’s patience while we adhere to the NC guidelines and ensure everyone’s safety. Please understand that we are not making the rules, we are abiding by them. These rules are constantly changing and we are always looking for updates on the safety guidelines for events. We are working with all of the appropriate resources to make the best plan for each event, which will be very specific for every race.
Thank you for being a part of iDaph Events. We look forward to the return of sporting events in a safe and responsible manner.
Are you hosting an upcoming event and need help putting together a safe return to racing plans? Reach out to Daphne at email@example.com for support.
Tips on stopping the spread of COVID-19
• Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Here's what's up next for iDaph Events We'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of our athletes, friends, and families for being extremely supportive during these unprecedented times. It has been such a wild few weeks and we miss seeing all of you! We cannot...
Being cooped up at home is one thing - but being cooped up with KIDS is a whole other ballgame. If you’re trying to stay in shape but find it difficult to stick to your work out when your littles are literally crawling all over you, here are some tips from Jennifer...