by Coach Susan
Swim Workout Thursday, February 13 , 2020
LAST SESSION OF THE YEAR!
Last one of the 2020 Session: Fun and Games
Group 1: 100 Freestyle
50 Kick 100 Pull 100 Choice
Group 2: 150 Freestyle
100 Kick 100 Pull 100 Choice
Group 3: 150 Freestyle
100 Kick 150 Pull 100 Choice
Game of Catch 20 x 25
- Reverse the order in your lane so that slowest person is first and fastest person is last.
- Dive in 5 seconds apart (at some point I might start telling you guys when to go)
- Goal is to tag person in front of you
- Can not tag back person who caught you until next 25
- Get out of pool on far end and walk around to deep end to dive in for next 25
- When tags occur the tagger goes in front of the tagged on the next 25
Follow the Leader min 4 cycles of 50s i.e. each person is leader 4 times
- Start with 2 person swim - with a partner one pulls and the other holds first person’s ankles and kicks, at wall switch places for 2nd 25
- After that the first person decides what to do for a 50 and everyone follows the leader.
- Leader goes to back of line and the next person leads
- try not to repeat what you do - here are some ideas:
- any of the strokes or combination of the strokes
- kicking on side
- kicking on back
- somersaults in middle of each length of the pool
- sculling head or feet first
- 1 arm strokes (R arm down, L arm back)
- dog paddle
- Breast pull with dolphin kick
- swim underwater
- drills: fist swim, rotisserie, catch up, triple switch, shark, puppet or whatever you can think of!