While iDaph Events has been officially operating since 2011, our company operates closer to a start-up with all team members wearing multiple hats and committing directly to the bottom line success of iDaph Events.
This job is not for the faint of heart, as neither is the special events industry. Physical labor, heavy lifting and working weekends, holidays and long hours during event weekends are imperative to the success of this role. The ideal candidate should already understand this from personal experience if he or she meets the requirements set forth in the expectations of those applying for this job.
This job will require independent work during the week, mostly in front of the computer and the occasional weekend work would be outside in any and all types of weather conditions. There is some flexibility with this job (part-time or full-time) and the ability to work remotely. We are looking to fill this position immediately.
The person in this position will be expected to understand, embrace, and execute the vision of iDaph Events and to conduct business professionally at all times.
- Maintain and update the company website (s) with graphic design and content on a regular basis.
- Assist with redesigning efforts on our WordPress website and webpages.
- Update existing logos and promotional designs, create event print materials including but not limited to - posters, postcards, t-shirt designs, maps and banners.
- Assist with the upkeep, content creation and design of social media campaigns and create photo banners and promotional items for these campaigns.
- Assist with content creation for blogs on a weekly basis.
- Responsible for keeping our social media pages updated daily.
- Create, edit and organize eblasts through Mailchimp for events and blogs
- Attend and assist at our events on our race calendar.
- Four-year college degree in Marketing or Business preferred
- Photoshop, Illustrator and other photo editing experience is required
- Experience with Social Media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest
- Experience with WordPress and Mailchimp (or email newsletters) preferred.
- Direct experience in planning endurance events is optimal but not required
- Minimum two years experience in customer-service related role
- Driver’s license
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certification preferred
- Experience with driving truck and trailers preferred*
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Positive and energetic personality
- ‘Can-do’, Flexible and adaptable attitude and disposition
- Passion for details
- Creative artistic tendencies and the ability to create original ideas and concepts
- Operate with the mindset in which one owns his or her actions, expectations and performance
- Ability to work independently, in a fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Willing to travel, work weekends and holidays and to put in extended hours as required or requested
- Flexible with mobile office working conditions including home, virtual offices, coffee shops and any other environment that allows for laptop work
- Comfortable, familiar, and open to technology including but not limited to Google Apps, MS Office, Apple products and applications
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism and friendliness to all clients, government officials, community leaders, business owners, vendors, company stakeholders, co-workers, volunteers and event attendees
- Ability to present a calm and confident energy during critical moments and/or crises
- Operate with a strategic business mindset.
- Excited to be part of a growing business and own his or her contribution to its success (and enjoying having this kind of responsibility!)
Schedule (part-time or full-time) and Salary/Benefits Negotiable
If you are available to begin working with us immediately and meet the requirements set forth in the job description, please submit resume with salary (full-time) or hourly (part-time) pay expectations and a cover letter to email@example.com by Friday, February 22nd at NOON EST.