It’s time for some holiday cheer and merriment! Come run with us on December 5th, 2020 for a brand new holiday run, the Ugly Sweater Run. This is an inaugural event, and it is being hosted by the Riveter in Mills River, NC.
If you’ve never been to the Riveter, you are in for a treat. The fitness facility opened its doors in 2019 and is the first indoor bike park and climbing gym combo in the nation. Located closely to Sierra Nevada Brewing Company and the Asheville Regional Airport, the facility offers outdoor activity and environmental sustainability with a 40,000 square foot facility located above a 10-acre working farm that leads to the French Broad River. The business is based on adventure fitness and has a 16,000+ square feet of climbing terrain, 18,000+ square feet of progressive jump lines, drop training, and the first Velosolutions Pump Park in the country. (Special note: The name “pump track” comes from the pumping motion used by the rider’s upper and lower body as they ride around the track. The idea of a pump track is to use this pumping motion to maintain your speed around the track without pedaling, and these tracks can be ridden by cyclists of all ages and skill levels.)
The facility also has a beautiful yoga studio, a spin studio, community space, libation station (fancy word for a really cool bar), retail shop, and outdoor courses including a cross-country perimeter trail around the farm.
Now you know why we are excited to have our inaugural holiday run at the Riveter! Now let’s talk about the event…
Ugly Sweater Run 5K & 10K & Challenge
The races include something for everyone: A 5k, 10k (double loop), and a Challenge event (triple loop)! Everyone gets a cozy, ugly-sweater t-shirt, a swag bag, and a finisher medal. The courses start at the Riveter and run along scenic and rural paved and farm roads, and return to the Riveter for even more merriment.
There’ll be delicious food, drinks, and refreshments after the run (including adult beverages and coffee), and plenty of activities. The Riveter will also be offering a socially-distanced flow, indoor yoga class at the Riveter’s yoga studio for an additional fee.
Ugly Sweater Run Race Swag
Now we know you all love to run, but let’s face it: Running for the bling is even better! Check out these two super cute swag items you get when you register for the Ugly Sweater Run.
Here’s what runners receive with their registration:
5K: Free Ugly Sweater t-shirt, an awesome upcycled finisher medal, goody bag
10K: Free Ugly Sweater t-shirt, an awesome upcycled finisher medal, goody bag, iDaph Gloves
Ugly Sweater Challenge: Free Ugly Sweater t-shirt, an awesome upcycled finisher medal, goody bag AND a bonus item! (To be announced!)
Virtual 5K, 10K, and Challenge Options
If you’re not comfortable with an in-person 5K or 10K run, or you simply can’t make it that day and still want to help support local business, there is a Virtual Option for this event. Virtual participants will have access to the course information for the event so they can have a ‘self-serve’ event experience on the same courses as the in-person runners. You cannot run the race on Race Day, but you can run it any other day on your own time. Or, you can come up with their own course anywhere and still get the cool swag — mailed to you for free. All Virtual participants will receive a free Ugly Sweater shirt, super-cool finisher medal, and goody bag.
The Ugly Sweater Run will have rolling wave starts, which allows us to have small, social-distanced groups starting over a span of a couple of hours. This format allows for runners to stay spaced out throughout their run and have a safe experience.
Changes due to COVID-19
“Here at iDaph Events, safety is our top priority,” says Race Director Daphne Kirkwood. “We want to ensure that our participants, staff and volunteers stay safe and healthy, and we are following all of the necessary precautions to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.”
“We will aim to have a ‘contactless’ event to provide a safe event for all,” says Kirkwood.
To adhere to the NC guidelines, iDaph Events will be putting the following rules in place:
• Event is capped at 150 total participants, with limited participant wave starts.
• The 5K will not have a water station on the course. The 10K and the Challenge participants will have the opportunity to make a pit stop at a water station at the start line when they come back to the Riveter to do another loop. Please bring your own water and/or fuel to this event.
• Online registration will close on Race Day.
• There is one designated Social-Distanced Cheer Station along the course at the Gaia Herbs building. Come out and cheer on your friend/family member at one of these designated cheer spots along the course!
• Coordinated social distancing at the start line.
• All staff/volunteers will be required to wear a face-covering during the event.
• Participants are required to wear a face-covering until the event starts and then put it back on after they are finished running/walking in the event.
• PT Solutions will be conducting health screenings.
• No groups of 50 people or more will congregate at any one space.
• Awards will be available to be picked up locally or mailed after the event.
• Event Swag can either be picked up at packet pickup or mailed to you for a nominal shipping fee.
• All virtual event registration includes swag that will be mailed to you for free (shirt, medal, goodies, etc).
• The online results will be posted by noon on Sunday, December 6th.
• Other changes will be added and communicated to participants prior to the event.
• As we all know the pandemic changes things quickly! We ask that you be flexible and patient as we may have to adjust things for this event up until the event takes place.
• Please know we are doing our absolute best and want this event to happen as much as you do! In the event that the U.S. or NC government, Henderson County declares a new stay-at-home order or places new restrictions on gatherings and we are not able to have the in-person event, all ‘in-person’ triathlon event registrations will automatically be converted to the Virtual event.
Running for a great cause
Partial proceeds from the run will go towards the iDream Athletes Foundation.
Come run with us on December 5th
Our iDaph Team is super excited about this inaugural holiday running event, and we hope you can join us either virtually, or on Saturday, December 5th, 2020 at the Riveter. This event is limited to 150 participants and we do expect it to sell out, so don’t wait too long to sign up! We strongly encourage ugly holiday sweaters, elf ears, elf hats, Santa hats, but please no grinches. 🙂 If you’d like more details, visit our website by clicking the button below.
Past iDaph Blogs
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN Early bird Registration is happening NOW thru Sunday, April 4th at Midnight!! Sign up now to secure your spot and save $$! Limited spots available in the 2021 ride. Tour d'Apple presented by Hunter Subaru, cycling event provides four...
View this email in your browser SATURDAY, MAY 8, 2021 JUMP OFF ROCK HALF MARATHON & 10K PRESENTED BY HUNTER SUBARU Hendersonville, NC SIGN UP HERE REGISTER BY MIDNIGHT TONIGHT - MARCH 31 FOR YOUR FREE COMMEMORATIVE RACE SHIRT! GET YOUR FREE TEE...
POP UP IN THE PARK IS BACK AGAIN THIS SUMMER! ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW! The Pop up 5k events are a fun, safe way to keep you motivated to run through the summer, to help you reach your fitness goals, raise money for Bill Moore Community Park, AND spend...