The Asheville Swim League is an opportunity to learn and practice swim skills in a coached, yet low pressure setting.
quote by Asheville Swim League participant
This summer, the Asheville Swim League is excited to announce the return of the summer swim league at Patton Park Pool in Hendersonville, NC. Come join us for nine weeks of swimming fun under the guidance of Coach Susan and Coach Jay!
Admission into the pool is just $5 per person or you can use a pool punch card or summer pool pass purchased through the Hendersonville YMCA. Every Saturday morning from June 3rd to July 29th, participants will be able to enjoy 8:30am-9:30am of coached instruction.
In addition, several dates throughout the league will offer triathlon swim clinics for the Tril Local Community for those who want to take their competitive skills to the next level. Make sure you don’t miss out on all that this summer swimming league has to offer! Save the dates and plan to join us this summer.
What is the Summer Swim League? The intention of the swim league is to build and grow a swimming community in WNC. All levels and abilities of swimmers will be training together in a friendly, cohesive, structured and coached GROUP atmosphere.
How is the AVL Swim League structured? Novice/Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced/Expert Swim Groups with swim leaders and pool-side support and instruction.
Where is the summer league held?
Patton Park Pool, Hendersonville, NC
When is the swim league?
Saturday, June 3 thru Saturday, July 29th
8am - warm-ups, 8:30am-9:30am coached instruction and workouts
How many lanes? We will have at least three lanes reserved for the Swim League.
How much does it cost to attend?
1. The coaches, facility usage fees, operational expenses and swim programming are paid for through the iDream Athletes Foundation scholarship fund. Please consider making a donation to iDream Athletes Foundation when you attend each swim session. These funds will be used to pay for the swim league.
2. The Swim League is a $5 admission fee to the Hendersonville YMCA for pool usage. YMCA Punch cards and Summer pool memberships are also accepted.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions!
- Each swim session will be have swim coaches on the deck to assist in stroke technique and training.
- The Swim League is eight weeks Saturday morning from June 3rd to July 29th
- The summer swim league will not have advance sign-ups or reservations. If we need to modify this throughout the summer and implement a limit on participants we reserve the right to do this.
- A workout for various swim abilities and levels is provided at each swim session.
- All abilities are welcome. No matter if you are a semi-pro swimmer out of shape and ready to get back into the pool or a complete newbie that wants to learn swim strokes or an athlete interested in trying your first triathlon this summer. We have a spot reserved for you!
- You do not have to be a YMCA member to participate.
- Consider making a donation to iDream Athletes Foundation to assist in the expenses of offering this program, including coaching and pool fees. Donations can be accepted at the swim league or online. Email email@example.com for more info.
More info and sign up sheet coming soon! Stay tuned!
Follow the iDream Athletes Foundation Facebook page for more updates!
Hendersonville Triathlon Event Guide 2023
Welcome to the 2023 Hendersonville Triathlon! We are so grateful for the support we have from YOU and the City of Hendersonville, Patton Park, and the YMCA of Western North Carolina for this event to take place in Hendersonville on Saturday, June 17th. INTERACTIVE...
Hendersonville Triathlon 2023 Swim Start List
SWIM START LIST WILL BE HERE Info about the order/wave start list and how it will work on race day…. • Swim start waves have been assigned based on the swim time you submitted when you registered. • Participants are assigned a wave start, rather than an exact start...