Last chance to join the series and win prizes!
Join us virtually or in person!
Our new Pop Up 5K in the Park series is in full swing, and we have fully enjoyed seeing our local community of runners show up and run!
What is Pop Up 5K in the Park? This is our newest 5K event! Our iDaph Team sets up a marked course every 2nd and 4th Wednesday at Fletcher Park. You can sign up before the event or at the Park, where we will give you a chipped bib, and time your run. When you start, you’ll be all by yourself (or with a close friend and/or family member), and when you cross the finish line we will cheer you on from a safe 6 feet away. Your results are then posted online, and if you join the series you are eligible for a cool medal, t-shirt, and prizes.
Don’t miss out on prizes!
SIGN UP FOR THE SERIES BY AUGUST 12TH AND ENTER TO WIN A FREE ONE-HOUR MASSAGE BY YAM! FASTEST OVERALL MALE AND FEMALE RUNNERS WILL ALSO WIN A FREE PAIR OF MIZUNO RUNNING SHOES! CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!
Your registration fee also helps support our small business, and Fletcher Park. $1 from every registration will go to the Fletcher Park Development Fund for enhancing and adding sitting and shaded areas within the park.
“Due to COVID-19, supporting small businesses is more important than ever,” says Daphne Kirkwood, owner and Race Director of iDaph Events. “Our Pop Up 5K is a fun way to give back, push yourself, and have a little fun.”
The Pop Up 5K takes place 6pm — 8pm, and you can run anytime during that time. We ask that you wear a mask before and after the event, but not during, and we ask that you start as soon as you sign up to avoid any build of crowds.
It’s $10 for one run, $50 for the series.
August 12th race time is the last day to join the series! You must run 4 out of the 6 events to be counted in the series. Want a free t-shirt and medal? Sign up for series and be eligible to win both PLUS prizes. In-Person and Virtual series/challenge scoring will be based on the 4 fastest times from each participant. For that reason, in-person participants must show up to at least four races, and virtual participants must submit at least four times to be eligible for awards. Other awards will be given out to the following finishers:
We will still be cheering you on while you run - but from a safe, 6 feet away! We want to motivate you to run and stay healthy, offer some stress relief, and have a whole lot of fun.
We have a virtual run option too
Don’t feel comfortable showing up for an in-person event? We totally understand. You can still have fun and show your support by signing up for the Pop Up in the 5K Park Virtual Challenge and run at any park of your choosing, at any time. Your results will be easily submitted from your electronic device through our online registration.
FEELING FAST? OUR FASTEST OVERALL MALE & FEMALE RUNNERS WILL WIN A FREE PAIR OF MIZUNOS!
Sign up for the SERIES and get a free t-shirt and medal!
THIS IS A DOG FRIENDLY EVENT!
Here’s what we are doing to keep our in-person events as safe as possible for everyone and adhering to the COVID-19 guidelines
• There will be no mass gathering at the start line. The rolling start will be from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
• The start and finish lines will be separate to avoid having too many people together at once.
• All staff/volunteers will be required to wear a face covering during the event.
• Participants are encouraged to wear a face covering until the event starts and then put it back on after they are finished running/walking in the event.
• Unfortunately, with social distancing measures in place, we will not have a finish line ‘experience’ of music, hanging out and waiting on the results or an awards ceremony. After you are finished with your race, we ask that participants head out of the finish/venue area.
• We will provide hand sanitizer stations, and will continually wipe down frequently used surfaces.
• Increased portajons with hand sanitizer at the park.
• Participants will not be permitted to form in groups. They must maintain 6 foot distancing while in the start/finish area, in the event hub.
Think you’re ready to run a 5K? We know you’ve been running — A LOT! Come and join this fun 5K and help support a great cause. We hope to see you there!
Past iDaph Blogs
2022 South Asheville Turkey TrotWe had the best time trotting around Biltmore Park Town Square with all of you turkeys! Thank you for joining us at the Annual South Asheville Turkey Trot presented by Hunter Subaru. You all were looking turkeyriffic! We are so grateful...