We are excited to see you at the 2nd Annual Trick or Trail 5 Mile & 1 Mile Spooky Sprint this Saturday, October 22nd.
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
TRICK OR TRAIL (5 Mile) & SPOOKY SPRINT (One Mile) Schedule
Saturday, October 22nd, 2016
5pm-6:15pm- Packet Pick Up and onsite Registration under the pavillion
6:30pm-1 Mile Spooky Sprint Start
7:00pm- 5 Mile Start
7:00pm until…Post Race Food provided by Ingles Markets
8:30- Awards presentation and Costume Contest awards presentation
Location: Dupont Forest: Guion Farm Event Area,
Hendersonville, NC (map)
Frightful Fun for the Whole Family!
Costumes are highly encouraged. We will be giving out awards for most creative, funniest and most classic halloween costumes.
Limited Spots remain in both the one mile and the five mile events so bring your friends or send them this email and have them register before the event!
Directions + Course Map + Parking
Guion Farm at Dupont State Forest
3045 Sky Valley Rd, Hendersonville, NC 28739 (map)
Directions and Parking:
From Crab Creek Road (Brevard/Hendersonville)
Turn south 0.7 miles on DuPont Road to a left on Sky Valley Road. Follow Sky Valley Road past the junction of Old CCC Road to the Guion Farm Access Area 1.6 miles on the right. Follow parking signs/volunteer instructions. There will be plenty of parking.
From Cedar Mountain (US-276)
Turn north 2.5 miles on Cascade Lake Road past the Corn Mill Shoals Access Area. Turn right at the DuPont State Recreational Forest sign 4.6 miles on Staton Road past the Buck Forest, Hooker Falls and Lake Imaging Access Areas. Turn right 1.6 miles on Sky Valley Road past the junction of Old CCC Road to the Guion Farm Access Area on the right.
Course Map (Click to Enlarge):
View this Course on MapMyRun
Trick or Trail 5 mile Course Description:
- 7:00pm Start at Buck Forest Road
- Turn immediate right onto Hickory Mountain Road and follow for approx .25 miles
- Left onto White Pine Trail .5 mile
- Right onto Buck Forest Road for approx. .75 miles
- Right onto Jim Branch Trail approx .1 mile
- Left onto Isaac Heath Trail for .5 miles
- Right onto Locust Trail for .4 miles
- Straight across veering LEFTISH onto Hilltop trail for 1 mile
- Right onto Lake Imaging road approx. .1 mile
- Left onto Buck Forest Road and continue til finish approx. 1.4 miles
1 mile Spooky Sprint Course Description:
- 6:30pm-START at Buck Forest and Hickory Mountain Road
- Hickory Mountain Road for approx. .25 miles
- Left onto White Pine Road .5 miles
- Left onto Buck Forest Road for approx. .25 miles to the FINISH
Because of the unique nature of this event being at dark, it’s important that you know the course ahead of event-time. Please take a moment to print out the course map, review it and put it in your race belt in case you need it night-of:
- We love to run and race with headphones too, but for these races we CANNOT ALLOW HEADPHONES on the trails because of safety concerns, as you cannot hear when people are trying to get around you.
- Both events will occur in the dark, so it is REQUIRED that you have light (from your headlamp or other light) when you line-up to start! There will be NO headlamps/lights for sale night-of the event!
- Both courses will be marked with tape, signs and volunteer course marshals, as well as local EMS officials. If you get off-course, please return to the nearest course marker that you remember for volunteer instruction.
- We ask that you line yourself up at the start line according to your run/walk pace. If you are a slower runner, we ask that you please start more towards the back of the starting line-up. It will eliminate congestion if you line yourself up appropriately on race evening! Everyone will have a better experience.
- You may run/jog to warm up prior to the race on the course trails until 6:30pm when the 1-Mile Spooky Sprint event begins, or between 6:30-6:55pm on Tarklin Branch Trl. right beside of Guion Farm Parking Lot
- These events will not be “Haunted House-spooky”, meaning there will not be chainsaws, people jumping out of the woods, or things falling on you from the trees. The ‘spooky factor’ comes from the beauty of night-time trail running! There will be volunteers on both of the courses dressed in costumes to add entertainment to the event! There will be costume judging so come dressed in your best classic, funniest or most creative costume!
- Port-o-johns will be at the Start/Finish area (Guion Farm Area)
- There is no bag check for this event; please keep any valuables and other items in your car (cars are parked right beside of Start/Finish Area)
- SPECTATOR TIPS: There are plenty of great spots to see your friends and family members at this event near the Start/Finish Line and along Buck Forest Road! Check out the race hub map below to see some of the best viewing areas for the event.
- Please be respectful of the beautiful, forest property that the event is being held in so we can continue this event for many years! Please carry your trash with you and put it in a trash can at the end of the event. Do not litter in our beautiful DuPont State Forest!
Post Race Food:
This year Ingles Market will be serving up delicious belly warming soups, snacks, hot chocolate and hot apple cider. These items are FREE for participants. Non-participants can enjoy soup and snacks for $5 or grab a hot chocolate or hot apple cider for $1. Cash or check only!
You don’t want to miss out on the chance to win a locally-made, soup bowl prize. Age Group and Overall Winners in the 5 Mile event, get to take one home! Costume contest winners will also be announced at the awards ceremony.
Make sure you cast your vote for the most creative, funniest and most classic costumes!
Note: The one-mile fun run is an un-timed event.
5 Mile Award Categories
- Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd (Gift certificates to Fleet Feet Running Store and pottery award!)
- Masters 1st (Gift certificates to Fleet Feet Running Store and pottery award!)
- Age Groups 1st, 2nd, 3rd (Hand-crafted, locally-made pottery award!)
- 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over
1-mile Spooky Sprint Is a ‘fun-run’ and is un-timed. (All youth and children in the one mile fun run will receive a finisher award)
Looking for fun volunteers who are not afraid of the dark!