An endurance running event like none other, the Inaugural Jump Off Rock Half Marathon presented by Hunter Subaru, will be one of the fastest half marathon races in the south and will run “downhill to downtown.”
The point-to-point, half marathon begins at Jump off Rock, a national landmark and the Town of Laurel Park’s highest peak, and finishes in the heart of downtown Hendersonville on Main Street. This gently downhill and scenic 13.1 mile course is not only fast, it also has breathtaking views. Half Marathoners will wind their way downhill through the beautiful back-roads of Laurel Park then on historic city streets and around Hendersonville’s Osceola Lake before heading into downtown Hendersonville. The point-to-point race and the scenic course are sure to bring PRs and mountain memories to last a lifetime.
10k runners will start their race at the base of the Town of Laurel Park at the YMCA of Hendersonville. They will join in on the half marathon route at about the half-way point with half marathoners. The 10k route is moderately flat with a couple gentle rollers. The 10k runners will run on historic city streets, around the Hendersonville’s Osceola Lake and back to downtown Hendersonville.
Both races will finish at the same location in Historic Downtown Hendersonville on Main Street.
RUN 13.1 x 3
We are thrilled to launch the new 13.1 x 3 series for 2021, the Appalachian Trilogy! Sign up for the Asheville Half Marathon (March 20), Jump off Rock Half Marathon (May 8) & Black Bear Half Marathon (Oct. 9), and receive a gorgeous black & gold commemorative, Appalachian Trilogy medal. We will also have some super, cool swag to go along with this new challenge to keep you motivated to train all year long!
Course time limit is 12:30pm.
Rolling wave starts 7:30 am until 9:00 am.
Runners will sign up for a wave start time when registering. We highly encourage runners/walkers that want to enjoy the scenery and take their time during the race to start in the first or second wave to make the time cutoff.
Half Marathon is capped at 300 runners.
Rolling wave starts 9:00am until 10am.
Course Type: Half Marathon, majority is paved with one short downhill section that is packed dirt in Laurel Park and around Osceola Lake is packed dirt surface. 10k is all paved surfaces on city streets and around the lake is packed dirt. See course info below.
Stroller friendly? Yes
Registration Periods & Pricing
Early: Feb 1-Feb 7
Regular: Feb 8-March 7
Late: March 8-April 30 (if available)
For runners not able to attend in person, the virtual race is a good option to achieve a goal, and run the miles on your own, wherever and whenever you want. All virtual runners will receive a commemorative race shirt and finisher medal.
Free T-shirt deadline:
After this date, shirts will be available online for $10 during online registration, limited sizes.
What is included with your race entry:
• A first-class running experience in the late spring in Western North Carolina!
• An in-person, safe, and socially-distanced race with rolling, wave starts
• A scenic, fast, downhill half marathon course and a moderately flat, 10k route in the heart of Hendersonville, NC.
• Optional Shuttle ride to a half marathon or 10k start line (these are 2 separate locations).
• Free parking available for race participants at the Dogwood Parking lot in downtown Hendersonville.
• Course fully-marked with route signs and course markings on the road.
• Course preview video and course maps to get you prepped for race day.
• Chip-timing for accurate results
• Access to our community of runners in our Strava Group.
• Spectator friendly courses with designated cheer stations
• One-of-a-kind Prizes made locally
• Part of the ‘Love Hendo’ downtown kick-off for the summer, with various amenities available in downtown Hendersonville on race day. Love Hendo offers closed downtown streets on the Historic Main Street, which allows convenient access to fantastic food, drinks, and local merchandise in downtown.
• Access for our participants to attend the world-class, Hendersonville Farmers Market happening a few blocks away from the finish line. The Farmers Market offers farm-fresh foods, crafts, food trucks, live entertainment, and more!
Super-cool swag including:
• Unique Inaugural Finisher Medal
• Super comfy, custom-designed t-shirt
• Goody Bag
And more perks with details coming soon!