We can’t wait to see you at the
presented by Hunter Subaru
Saturday, December 4, 2021
Race Start 8:30am
This is a mass start race, not a rolling start. We cannot accomodate late starts for this event.
Here’s all your need to know event info:
The start and finish line are both at the Riveter, at the same location. Both races start together at the same time promptly at 8:30am. The turnaround for the 10k (to go do the second loop) is near the front entrance of the Riveter. Please familiarize yourself with this spot before you start the race and pay attention to the volunteers.
The course cut off for both races is 10am.
To switch from the 10k to the 5k or vice versa please email email@example.com.
You’ll have two options to pick up your race packets this year.
1. Pre-event packet pick-up will be at Hunter Subaru, 220 Hunter Airport Drive, Fletcher, NC 28732 on Friday, December 3 from 3-5PM. We highly suggest you pick up your packet early for a less hectic experience on race day.
2. Race Day packet pickup - 7am-8am inside the Riveter.
Location: 701 Old Fanning Bridge Rd, Fletcher, NC 28732
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The parking lot is next to the Riveter’s main entrance. To avoid congestion, we suggest coming off of Hwy 280, on Ferncliff Park Drive. You will come to a roundabout and go around the roundabout. Then you’ll see the sign for the Riveter on Old Fanning Bridge Road. Go past the main entrance and you’ll see the gravel/grass parking lot which is right next to the Riveter. Please drive SLOW when you when you leave the race, and watch for runners on the road. The parking lot exit is on the race route.
Once you park your vehicle, there is a small walk path between the parking lot and the Riveter you can use to get to the start line. You can use the restrooms inside the Riveter building. There are changing rooms also!
PLEASE NOTE: A portion of the Ugly Sweater Run is on NC State University Research private property. We have gained special permission for use of this area for race day only. There is no pre-course training allowed on these parts of the course.
Runners on roads with vehicular traffic (Old Fanning Bridge Road) need to run facing TOWARDS traffic on the LEFT side of the road. Please go single file on the side if a car is passing.
The Ugly Sweater 5K & 10K are 3.1 & 6.2 miles of festive awesomeness. You’ll start at the Riveter and run along rural paved roads, scenic farm roads, and return to the Riveter for even more merriment. While we expect little traffic on the rural roads and course, it is open to vehicular traffic, this is not a closed course. The 10K will do the same loop from the Riveter twice, twice the miles, twice the beautiful scenery!
10K Ugly Sweater Run
The Ugly Sweater 10K is 6.2 miles along the same route as the 5K — TWICE! Get double the fun when you run this course!
Green Moose Fuel is hosting this year’s water station on the course!
5k: mile 1.5
10k: mile 1.5 and 4.5
Fun post race activities at the Riveter!
Your finisher ornament is waiting for you at the finish!
• Bring some cash! Grab a delicious brunch (we heard they are bringing chicken and waffles with bacon!!) from the yummy food truck - OB Skewered, and a delicious hot beverage from Bare Bones Brew Haus.
Stick around after your run, there are lots of fun activities to do at the Riveter!
The Riveter has a variety of activities for you and your family.
• Check out the climbing wall and bike park. Participants get a discounted pass to the bike park!
• Riveter bar will be open with be local beers on tap!
• The Riveter is offering a yoga Flow class after the run. Check out their schedule online.
Wear the BEST Ugly Sweater and win a prize! The Riveter will be giving away prizes for the Annual Ugly Sweater Run Costume Contest on Race Day. We will award Ugly Sweater Run contest winners at the awards ceremony!
Results will be posted here thoughout the event.
IN-PERSON EVENT AWARDS (BOTH 5k & 10k):
- Top 3 overall finishers (male/female) will receive a ceramic mug + a Fleet Feet gift certificate!
- First place masters finishers (male/female) will receive a ceramic mug + a Fleet Feet gift certificate!
- Top 3 in the following Age Group categories:
- 12 and under
- 20 - 29
- 30 -39
- 40 - 49
- 50 - 59
- 60 - 69
- 70 + up
5k Awards will be handed out at approximatley 9:45am, 10k awards will be handed out afterwards.
Not able to hang out and wait for your award? You can pick yours up the week after the event at Fleet Feet Asheville or have it shipped for $10.
Run Local Accessories
Our Run Local accessories are a great way to celebrate all things running and make great holiday gifts for your runner friends and family members! These are available to purchase on race day at the Riveter. While supplies last.