We are so excited for another amazing Trick or Trail 5K and Spooky Sprint 1 Mile running experience! Here is what you need to know for Saturday, October 17th.
Parking at Trick or Trail
There is plenty of parking at the Kanuga Conference Center. CLICK HERE for directions. You will see parking/race signs when you get there.
Packet Pickup will take place a half-hour before your suggested wave start time near the start line. Please check the COURSE MAP BELOW for the start line location. There will be no packet pickup before event day. We will also be handing out free glow necklaces, bracelets when you check in!
PT Solutions will be taking your temperature before you start! Thank you PT Solutions! Please make sure you see them for your temperature screening.
A note about our wave starts:
Since our waves are not full (50 max), please feel free to come earlier than your start time. The start times are not set in stone. We suggest you check in about 15 minutes before your would like to start, walk up to the start line and go!
Information about the Trick or Trail 5K
The 5K event is capped at 225 total participants, with limited participant wave starts.
Waves starting at 4:45 until 7pm (every 15 minutes), max of 50 in a wave.
Information about the Spooky Sprint 1 Mile
Waves start 4-4:30pm
Max of 50 people in each wave start. Cap is 150.
It’ll be dark out there after 6:30. PLEASE WEAR A HEADLAMP AND BRING A FLASHLIGHT! HAVING BOTH WILL HELP!
Check out our iDaph Events Podcast
Our podcast goes over all the details of this event, including course descriptions, packet pickup, what to expect and more! Click here to download and listen.
Food Options at Trick or Trail
Baires Food Truck will be on-site serving 4 different kinds of empanadas from scratch: Beef, chicken, spinach and cheese, and one TBD. They will also have their famous chimichurri fries with parmesan cheese! Please bring cash and come hungry!
There will also be pre-packaged S’mores!
Race Course: Please pay attention to signs
Both courses are mostly trails. Please pay attention to roots, rocks, etc. There will be no water stations! Please bring your own handheld water. We will have water available at the start and finish area but not on the course.
Please be prepared to follow signs and course markings on the course. There will be very limited volunteers on the course due to COVID, so runners and walkers need to pay attention to signs, stickers on the road, and course flags/markings. If you are directionally challenged, bring a friend or family member who is good at navigating! 🙂
1 Mile Fun Run/Walk
One mile fun run/walk - a loop around the beautiful, wooded campus wrapped around the sparkling 30-acre Kanuga Lake. The one mile course is run around the pristine lake and on the Daisy Trail. The surfaces consist of paved road, single track, dirt sections and grass and gravel paths. It is mostly flat. No strollers allowed due to the roots and gravel sections on the course. CLICK HERE FOR THE 1 MILE GPS ROUTE
The 5k Course is run entirely through the wooded campus at the Kanuga Conference Center. The 5k course includes a beautiful loop on the Daisy Trail around the sparkling 30-acre Kanuga Lake and has a mixture of single track trail and gravel, paved, dirt and grass paths and roads through Kanuga property. CLICK HERE FOR THE 5K GPS COURSE
The course is flat around the lake with a few roller hills through the property. Total elevation gain is almost 200 feet for the entire 3.1 route.
No strollers allowed due to the roots and gravel.
Spectators at Trick or Trail
We have Designated Social-Distanced Cheer Stations along the course! Come out and cheer on your friend/family member at one of these designated cheer spots along the course - we will have those spots marked on the course map. You must wear a mask at these zones.
Where to stay at Kanuga Conference Center in Hendersonville
The Kanuga Conference Center is THE place for you and your family and/or friends to have a staycation or destination weekend. There’s something for everyone! A brand new bike park, accommodations, hiking, and more. This is a beautiful wooded campus, with trails that wrap around a sparkling 30-acre lake and offer a relaxing and tranquil setting.
Camping/Cabin rental available! Please call 828-692-9220 with any reservation questions.
Cabins are dog friendly! :dog:
Tent Camping at Camp Kanuga - $26.69/night
Bunk Houses at Camp Kanuga - $128.10/night
Guest houses on main campus- $245.53 - $253.96/night depending on size
Cottages on main campus - $106.75 - $275/night depending on size
Please note: bookings are currently live and guests should reserve their housing early if they wish to stay on site.
Smile for the camera!
Bren Photography will be at the Trick or Trail taking photos! We are so excited to have a super talented photography crew at this event. These will not be individual race photos but we plan on posting plenty of photos after the event.
Please join our Virtual Awards Ceremony! We will be announcing the top finishers to this event online via Zoom! All participants will be emailed the Zoom information to join. The ceremony will take place Thursday, October 22nd at noon. A video of the awards ceremony will be posted later to our YouTube page. Please subscribe to our YouTube page to receive a notification.
Please be familiar with our COVID-19 Guidelines for this running event
- Event is capped at 225 total participants, with limited participant wave starts.
- Wave starts: 1 Miler: Waves start 4-4:30pm, Max of 50 people in each wave start. Cap is 150.
5K: Waves starting at 4:45 until 7pm (every 15 minutes), max of 50 in a wave.
- NO WATER STATIONS ALONG THE COURSE! Please bring your own hand held water. We will have water available at the start and finish area but not on the course.
- Online registration will close at midnight on October 16th at midnight - make sure to sign up before then!
- Designated Social-Distanced Cheer Stations along the course! Come out and cheer on your friend/family member at one of these designated cheer spots along the course!
- No walk-up registration on race day
- Coordinated social distancing at the start line
- All staff/volunteers will be required to wear a face-covering during the event.
- Participants are required to wear a face-covering until the event starts and then put it back on after they are finished running/walking in the event.
- PT Solutions will be conducting health screenings and conducting temperature checks.
- No groups of 50 people or more will congregate at any one space.
- Unfortunately, with social distancing measures in place, we will not have a finish line ‘experience’ of music, hanging out and waiting on the results or an awards ceremony. After you are finished with your race, we ask that you leave the venue area.
- Awards will be available to be picked up locally or mailed after the event.
- Event Swag can either be picked up locally the day before the event (at packet pickup), or mailed to you for a nominal shipping fee.
- All virtual event registration includes swag that will be mailed to you for free (shirt, medal, goodies, etc).
- The online results will be posted by noon on Sunday, October 18th.
- Other changes will be added and communicated to participants prior to the event.
- As we all know the pandemic changes things quickly! We ask that you be flexible and patient as we may have to adjust things for this event up until the event takes place. Please know we are doing our absolute best and want this event to happen as much as you do! In the event that the U.S. or NC government, Henderson County or City of Hendersonville declares a new stay-at-home order or places new restrictions on gatherings and we are not able to have the in-person event, all ‘in-person’ triathlon event registrations will automatically be converted to the Virtual event.
Thank you Sponsors!
Past iDaph Blogs
The summer Pop Up 5K series is in the books! Congratulations to everyone who participated in our in-person 5K's at Fletcher Park during our July-September events. Here are the WINNERS of the Series! A huge congrats to all! A few things to note: • The 'in person'...
The results to the Hendersonville Triathlon are in! Thank you triathletes! It was a chilly morning for a swim, bike and run in-person event, but you did it! Our iDaph Team LOVED seeing all of your happy and smiling faces Sunday morning. Thank you for being a part of...
Welcome to the 2020 Hendersonville Triathlon on September 20th! If you haven't already... #1 Please READ through our DIGITAL EVENT GUIDE. #2 You can also LISTEN to our Podcast with race info HERE. #3 CHECK OUT THE HUB MAP HERE and get familiar with the event hub...