Jump Off Rock Half Marathon & 10K
Beautiful, Fast, Fun & Spectator Friendly Event
Saturday, May 13, 2023
Hendersonville, North Carolina
An endurance running event like none other, the 3rd Annual Jump Off Rock Half Marathon presented by Hunter Subaru and Pardee UNC Health Care, is one of the fastest half marathon races in the south and runs “downhill to downtown.”
The point-to-point, half marathon begins at Jump off Rock, a national landmark and the Town of Laurel Park’s highest peak, and finishes in the heart of downtown Hendersonville on Main Street. This gently downhill and scenic 13.1 mile course is not only fast, it also has breathtaking views. Half Marathoners wind their way downhill through the beautiful back-roads of Laurel Park then on historic city streets and around Hendersonville’s Osceola Lake before heading into downtown Hendersonville. The point-to-point race and the scenic course are sure to bring PRs and mountain memories to last a lifetime.
10k runners start their race at the base of the Town of Laurel Park at the Hendersonville Family YMCA. They join in on the half marathon route at about the half-way point with half marathoners. The 10k route is moderately flat with a couple gentle rollers. The 10k runners will run on historic city streets, around the Hendersonville’s Osceola Lake and back to downtown Hendersonville.
There will be 10k Cash prizes for the overall top three, male/female winners!
Both races finish at the same location in Historic Downtown Hendersonville on Main Street.
What Your Race Entry Includes
- A first-class running experience in the late spring in Western North Carolina!
- Brooks Dri-Fit, Tech running shirt
- Hunter Subaru Goody Bag, filled with goodies
- A unique, custom-designed, commemorative finisher medal
- A free beer after the race! (21+)
- Free use of the event shuttles for all participants
- A well-supported race with rolling starts to enhance the participant experience from start-to-finish.
- A scenic, fast, downhill half marathon course and a moderately flat, 10k route in the heart of Hendersonville, NC.
- Free shuttle ticket included with race entry. Optional Shuttle ride to half marathon or 10k start line (these are 2 separate locations).
- Free parking available for race participants at the Dogwood Parking lot in downtown Hendersonville.
- Course fully-marked with route signs and course markings on the road.
- Course preview video and course maps to get you prepped for race day.
- Chip-timing for accurate, live results
- Access to our community of runners in our Strava Group.
- Spectator friendly courses.
- One-of-a-kind Prizes made locally
- Access for our participants to attend the world-class, Hendersonville Farmers Market happening a few blocks away from the finish line. The Farmers Market offers farm fresh foods, crafts, food trucks, live entertainment and more
- Live Music at the Finish