It is the mission, duty and purpose of iDream Athletes Foundation to provide health and wellness opportunities for all abilities and levels of Western North Carolina youth and adults to train together (swim, bike, run) in a welcoming, professionally led and community setting.
Every iDaph signature event provides a financial donation to iDream Atheletes Foundation. These funds flow right back into our community by supporting aspiring athletes, scholarships, trainings, clubs, youth and more through the iDream Athletes Foundation.
We provide funding for those who are unable to pay for race fees, coaching, travel expenses and/or equipment to train for and/or participate in running, biking and multi-sport events. We also financially support the development of youth, adults, clubs and teams in: running, cycling, swimming and multi-sport. iDream Athletes Foundation is a tax-exempt, 501c3 non-profit.
Our Key Activities:
- iDream Scholarship Program and application/selection process based on socioeconomic status, needs, goals and dreams of the applicant.
- Creation of a ‘beginner’ & ‘novice’ friendly athletic environment to support those who are intimidated by, do not have the means to participate in, or don’t know how to start getting involved in the disciplines of cycling, swimming and running. In turn this assistance will boost participation and engagement in the cycling (road, mountain, cyclocross, track), multi-sport (triathlon, duathlon) and running communities in the Carolinas.
- Outreach to underprivileged youth, minorities and residents of subsidized housing complexes in WNC to promote our scholarship program.
- Develop a tiered-volunteer program for iDream Athletes beneficiaries to participate in to learn more about sporting/racing events (“the more you know, the more you’ll grow” mentality).
- Get people “Running for a Cause” by being the fundraising Charity Partner of the iDaph Events’ New Year’s Day Resolution Run and others!
- Develop a schedule of educational engagements for iDream Athletes beneficiaries to participate in to expand their knowledge on healthy habits (diet, exercise, mental health, economics, etc.)
- Invest in existing community activities (rides, runs, swims) and pioneer new activities to promote and encourage an inclusive and cohesive health and wellness community. (i.e. BRBC Bike Clinics, Swim Stroke Clinics in the area, and the former Asheville Winter Bike League – with A, B, C riders, sag supported w/ ride leaders, etc.)
At times, per the board of directors discretion, we may provide internship or volunteer opportunities for involvement in outreach activities and programs in order to have a greater impact for change. This includes being involved in researching targeted areas of WNC who could benefit from iDream Athletes Foundation services and Scholarship Program. Such activities shall always be free of charge to participants and will not include compensation to the interns or volunteers, however, school credits may be available with prior arrangement.
iDream Athletes Foundation’s income derives from personal resources, public donations, grants, sponsorship, and fundraising and disposes its income through the decisions made by its board of directors or the Foundation’s by-laws in accordance with our mission. Expenses paid include but are not limited to, equipment purchases and rentals, insurance premiums, internet website fees, publications, advertising, and miscellaneous board expenses.
iDream Athletes Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, national origin, gender/sex, disability, veteran status, political beliefs, religion, sexual orientation, or age in the administration of any of its financial support to iDream Athletes scholarship awardees.