iDREAM ATHLETES FOUNDATION
In addition, we will assist in fueling the growth for local running, cycling and multi-sport champions, teams, clubs, locally owned stores and communities in Western North Carolina by providing resource and financial support when conducting our key activities.
WHY IT MATTERS
We Would Love to Develop Relationships with…
Local TrainersAcross versatile athletic fields (i.e., but not limited to: running, soccer, swimming, cycling/biking, dance, etc.) to add to our list of resources
Existing OrganizationsClubs, racing/sporting events, and businesses offering sporting classes/services in WNC to promote our scholarship program
Local RetailersSporting good stores and other athletics related retailers to promote our mission and ensure there is a standing relationship for future equipment needs
Want to Learn more or apply for scholarship?
iDream Athletes Foundation’s Key Activities
Will include, but not be limited to…
- iDream Scholarship Program and application/selection process based on socioeconomic status, needs, goals and dreams of the applicant.
- Creation of a ‘beginner’ & ‘novice’ friendly athletic environment to support those who are intimidated by, do not have the means to participate in, or don’t know how to start getting involved the disciplines of cycling, swimming and running. In turn this assistance will boost participation and engagement in the cycling (road, mountain, cyclocross, track), multi-sport (triathlon, duathlon) and running communities in the Carolinas.
- Outreach to underprivileged youth, minorities and residents of subsidized housing complexes in WNC to promote our scholarship program.
- Develop a tiered-volunteer program for iDream Athletes beneficiaries to participate in to learn more about sporting/racing events (“the more you know, the more you’ll grow” mentality).
- Get people “Running for a Cause” by being the fundraising Charity Partner of the iDaph Events’ New Year’s Day Resolution Run and others!
- Develop a schedule of educational engagements for iDream Athletes beneficiaries to participate in to expand their knowledge on healthy habits (diet, exercise, mental health, economics, etc.)
- Invest in existing community activities (rides, runs, swims) and pioneer new activities to promote and encourage an inclusive and cohesive health and wellness community. (i.e. BRBC Bike Clinics, Swim Stroke Clinics in the area, and the Asheville Winter Bike League – with A, B, C riders, sag supported w/ ride leaders, etc.)
PROGRAMS FOR VOLUNTEERS
At times, per the board of directors discretion, we may provide internship or volunteer opportunities for involvement in outreach activities and programs in order to have a greater impact for change such as being involved in researching targeted areas of WNC who could benefit from iDream Athletes Foundation services and Scholarship Program. Such activities shall always be free of charge to participants and will not include compensation to the interns or volunteers, however, school credits may be available with prior arrangement.
iDream Athletes Foundations’ income derives from personal resources, public donations, grants, sponsorship and fundraising and disposes its income through the decisions made by its board of directors or the Foundation’s by laws in accordance to our mission. Expenses paid include, but are not limited to, equipment purchases and rentals, insurance premiums, internet web site fees, publications, advertising, and miscellaneous board expenses.
iDream Athletes Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, national origin, gender/sex, disability, veteran status, political beliefs, religion, sexual orientation, or age in the administration of any of its financial support to iDream Athletes scholarship awardees.