iDREAM ATHLETES FOUNDATION
It is the mission, duty and purpose of iDream Athletes Foundation to provide opportunities for Western North Carolina youth and adults who are unable to pay for sporting event fees, coaching, travel expenses and/or equipment to train for and/or participate in our WNC sporting events. This tax-exempt non-profit provides needs-based scholarships. The amounts to be gifted are determined on a case-by-case basis through a criteria-selection process.
In addition, we will assist in fueling the growth for local running, cycling and multi-sport champions, teams, clubs, locally owned stores and communities in Western North Carolina by providing resource and financial support when conducting our key activities.
WHY IT MATTERS
By making a monetary contribution to iDream Athletes Foundation, you help make an opportunity possible for WNC residents to enjoy the experience of a sporting event or activity, whether it be participating in our former Asheville Winter Bike League (AVLWBL), the purchase of a new bike for local youth or adults, race entry fees paid for an unemployed athlete, or swimming lessons for someone training for their upcoming big event or Ironman! Join us in helping our western North Carolina youth and adults by making a tax-deductible contribution today.
Every iDaph event gives back to our community by supporting local athletes through iDream Athletes Foundation. Help fund the dreams of your neighbors and community by donating when you register for any iDaph event.
Questions, comments, or in-kind contributions? Please email us!
“It’s not only opened avenues for personal development and growth for myself but also opportunities to help others on their journeys as well. It’s given me the chance to be a light in the community. Thanks to the team at iDaph and iDream for sponsoring me as an athlete I now have the gift to continue racing and training! This also helps me to spread the love for the sport and testimony from childhood trauma to living a life of LIGHT and love. Joy after trauma is possible with therapy and running! And I’m on a mission to spread the joy of running and how it can help teach you how to move forward.”
Learn more about Jessica’s story, HERE.
“Just want to take a moment to thank you for all that you do for the community. Besides organizing high quality events you also provide unique opportunities for athletes to experience such as the swim clinic and time trials. You go way beyond what is expected.”
“The swim league was really helpful to me. I had back surgery a few weeks after the swim league and my doctors said my muscles around my back were very toned and that has helped me recover quickly.”
HOW TO APPLY
You deserve a chance to take your shot and dream big! iDream exists to remove cost barriers so you can chase your goals full throttle without worrying about the financial burden.
We welcome your application for an iDream Athlete Scholarship!
Entering the sport of cycling, running or multi-sport can be costly and intimidating. Removing the cost barrier for aspiring athletes who are interested in training for or participating in a running, cycling or multi-sport event is key to growing our WNC sports community. Through the iDream Athletes Foundation, we are able to provide an approachable and comfortable setting for a kid on a youth cycling team or for the aspiring adult athlete to gain exposure, experience, and training in either running, cycling, or swimming. We want to help them grow as an individual and athlete through training and events. This allows us to support and encourage healthy, active lifestyles in our community members. Healthy individuals create healthy communities!
If you’re interested in completing a Scholarship Application for support to become an iDream Athletes athlete, please click HERE.
We Would Love to Develop Relationships with…
iDream Athletes Foundation’s Key Activities
Will include, but not be limited to…
- iDream Scholarship Program and application/selection process based on socioeconomic status, needs, goals and dreams of the applicant.
- Creation of a ‘beginner’ & ‘novice’ friendly athletic environment to support those who are intimidated by, do not have the means to participate in, or don’t know how to start getting involved the disciplines of cycling, swimming and running. In turn this assistance will boost participation and engagement in the cycling (road, mountain, cyclocross, track), multi-sport (triathlon, duathlon) and running communities in the Carolinas.
- Outreach to underprivileged youth, minorities and residents of subsidized housing complexes in WNC to promote our scholarship program.
- Develop a tiered-volunteer program for iDream Athletes beneficiaries to participate in to learn more about sporting/racing events (“the more you know, the more you’ll grow” mentality).
- Get people “Running for a Cause” by being the fundraising Charity Partner of the iDaph Events’ New Year’s Day Resolution Run and others!
- Develop a schedule of educational engagements for iDream Athletes beneficiaries to participate in to expand their knowledge on healthy habits (diet, exercise, mental health, economics, etc.)
- Invest in existing community activities (rides, runs, swims) and pioneer new activities to promote and encourage an inclusive and cohesive health and wellness community. (i.e. BRBC Bike Clinics, Swim Stroke Clinics in the area, and the former Asheville Winter Bike League – with A, B, C riders, sag supported w/ ride leaders, etc.)
iDream Athletes Foundation Supports and Funds:
- Race Donation for 43rd Marine Corps Marathon-Seymour Pink
- Brevard Cycling Team - sponsorship
- IC Imagine — sponsorship of Mountain Bike Team
- Zach Tacy 70.3 World Championships in S. Africa - Assisted with iDream Scholarship
- Pure Velo Racing Women’s Cycling Team
- IC. Imagine MTB Club
- That Dam Swim - benefiting Hope Chest for Women
- Asheville Swim League including:
2017 Inaugural Asheville Winter Swim League, 2017 Inaugural Asheville Summer Swim League and Launch of 2017 Asheville Fall Swim League
Asheville Youth Swim League
- Asheville Winter Bike League
- Donut Race iDream Athletes Foundation charity partner
- Jessica Payne – iDream Athlete Spotlight Foundation Scholarship Winner
PROGRAMS FOR VOLUNTEERS
At times, per the board of directors discretion, we may provide internship or volunteer opportunities for involvement in outreach activities and programs in order to have a greater impact for change such as being involved in researching targeted areas of WNC who could benefit from iDream Athletes Foundation services and Scholarship Program. Such activities shall always be free of charge to participants and will not include compensation to the interns or volunteers, however, school credits may be available with prior arrangement.
iDream Athletes Foundations’ income derives from personal resources, public donations, grants, sponsorship and fundraising and disposes its income through the decisions made by its board of directors or the Foundation’s by laws in accordance to our mission. Expenses paid include, but are not limited to, equipment purchases and rentals, insurance premiums, internet web site fees, publications, advertising, and miscellaneous board expenses.
iDream Athletes Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, national origin, gender/sex, disability, veteran status, political beliefs, religion, sexual orientation, or age in the administration of any of its financial support to iDream Athletes scholarship awardees.