iDREAM ATHLETES FOUNDATION
It is the mission, duty and purpose of iDream Athletes Foundation to provide opportunities for Western North Carolina youth and adults who are unable to pay for sporting event fees, coaching, travel expenses and/or equipment to train for and/or participate in our WNC sporting events. This tax-exempt non-profit provides needs-based scholarships. The amounts to be gifted are determined on a case-by-case basis through a criteria-selection process.
In addition, we will assist in fueling the growth for local running, cycling and multi-sport champions, teams, clubs, locally owned stores and communities in Western North Carolina by providing resource and financial support when conducting our key activities.
WHY IT MATTERS
Help fund the dreams of your neighbors and community
Questions, comments, or in-kind contributions? Please email us!
“Just want to take a moment to thank you for all that you do for the community. Besides organizing high quality events you also provide unique opportunities for athletes to experience such as the swim clinic and time trials. You go way beyond what is expected.”
“The swim league was really helpful to me. I had back surgery a few weeks after the swim league and my doctors said my muscles around my back were very toned and that has helped me recover quickly.”
We Would Love to Develop Relationships with…
iDream Athletes Foundation’s Key Activities
Will include, but not be limited to…
- iDream Scholarship Program and application/selection process based on socioeconomic status, needs, goals and dreams of the applicant.
- Creation of a ‘beginner’ & ‘novice’ friendly athletic environment to support those who are intimidated by, do not have the means to participate in, or don’t know how to start getting involved the disciplines of cycling, swimming and running. In turn this assistance will boost participation and engagement in the cycling (road, mountain, cyclocross, track), multi-sport (triathlon, duathlon) and running communities in the Carolinas.
- Outreach to underprivileged youth, minorities and residents of subsidized housing complexes in WNC to promote our scholarship program.
- Develop a tiered-volunteer program for iDream Athletes beneficiaries to participate in to learn more about sporting/racing events (“the more you know, the more you’ll grow” mentality).
- Get people “Running for a Cause” by being the fundraising Charity Partner of the iDaph Events’ New Year’s Day Resolution Run and others!
- Develop a schedule of educational engagements for iDream Athletes beneficiaries to participate in to expand their knowledge on healthy habits (diet, exercise, mental health, economics, etc.)
- Invest in existing community activities (rides, runs, swims) and pioneer new activities to promote and encourage an inclusive and cohesive health and wellness community. (i.e. BRBC Bike Clinics, Swim Stroke Clinics in the area, and the Asheville Winter Bike League – with A, B, C riders, sag supported w/ ride leaders, etc.)
iDream Athletes Foundation Supports and Funds:
Race Donation for 43rd Marine Corps Marathon-Seymour Pink
Brevard Cycling Team - sponsorship
IC Imagine — sponsorship of Mountain Bike Team
Zach Tacy 70.3 World Championships in S. Africa - Assisted with iDream Scholarship
Pure Velo Racing Women’s Cycling Team
IC. Imagine MTB Club
That Dam Swim - benefiting Hope Chest for Women
Asheville Swim League including:
2017 Inaugural Asheville Winter Swim League, 2017 Inaugural Asheville Summer Swim League and Launch of 2017 Asheville Fall Swim League
Asheville Youth Swim League
Asheville Winter Bike League
PROGRAMS FOR VOLUNTEERS
At times, per the board of directors discretion, we may provide internship or volunteer opportunities for involvement in outreach activities and programs in order to have a greater impact for change such as being involved in researching targeted areas of WNC who could benefit from iDream Athletes Foundation services and Scholarship Program. Such activities shall always be free of charge to participants and will not include compensation to the interns or volunteers, however, school credits may be available with prior arrangement.
iDream Athletes Foundations’ income derives from personal resources, public donations, grants, sponsorship and fundraising and disposes its income through the decisions made by its board of directors or the Foundation’s by laws in accordance to our mission. Expenses paid include, but are not limited to, equipment purchases and rentals, insurance premiums, internet web site fees, publications, advertising, and miscellaneous board expenses.
iDream Athletes Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race/ethnicity, color, national origin, gender/sex, disability, veteran status, political beliefs, religion, sexual orientation, or age in the administration of any of its financial support to iDream Athletes scholarship awardees.