With a trinity of exquisite Biltmore races on tap for 2017 Royal Trifecta challenge, we are taking your Biltmore experience to the next level by throwing down the gauntlet for yet another test of endurance, speed, and will power!
For the 5th year in a row, iDaph Events is featuring the Royal Trifecta Challenge: a three-part race series for competitors completing each of the three events held upon the grounds of Biltmore Estate. This diverse series demands a range of skill and stratagems, encompassing the multi-sport cavalcade.
Are you ready to conquer the stately grounds of Biltmore in this regal gala? Do you think you can manage to finish all three of these gritty events to complete the challenge and lay claim to the prizes that lie in wait? Great! Here’s how:
1. Sign up for the three events in THE ROYAL TRIFECTA CHALLENGE (each are linked below).
Participants must successfully complete one Biltmore event in March, May and September 2017 to be eligible for the challenge and prizes:
2. Register for the Royal Trifecta Challenge to be eligible for race swag, kudos and recognition at every race and Royal Trifecta Challenge Finisher BLING at the conclusion of the September 10th events! Click on the REGISTER NOW LINK here to get signed up!
We highly encourage you to go ahead and register for all the events in the series, if you want to be part of the Royal Trifecta Challenge, the half marathon is nearing sell out!
Deadline to register for the Royal Trifecta is July 31, 2017
To learn more about this imperial contest of skill, wit, and stamina, visit the Royal Trifecta Biltmore Estate Challenge, or contact email@example.com.
In this series, TRI-umph is going to demand per-FECT-ion. Do you have what it takes to leave it all on the course three times over at Biltmore? If so, the time to start preparations for this trio of racing awesomeness is now, before the Half Marathon sells out!
Start your year off right with the New Year’s Resolution Run
! You might come away from the run with more money in your pocket, than when you started.
Maybe your resolution for 2017 is to run a race every month. Start off with your year right with the Downtown Asheville, New Year’s Resolution Run on January 1st. This year, we will continue the tradition of locally-made, pottery awards for our overall and age group winners.
But there is more… a new prize worth running for…. for the fastest in the bunch and the middle pack runners!
New to the 2017 New Year’s Resolution Run
, an opportunity to walk away with some cash. Cash Prize money will be offered for first, second and third place overall in both the male and female categories. If you are one of those speedy people who will place at the top of the runners for this 5K race, come out and join us on January 1st.
Are you a middle packer? Don’t fret! We are offering a middle of the pack cash prize award! The winner will be the finisher in the exact middle of the pack.
Run, Walk or Crawl through the streets of Downtown Asheville, NC on New Year’s Day, at a reasonable starting time of 10:00 am. The Resolution Run benefits the YMCA of Western North Carolina and iDream Athletes Foundation, two more reasons to resolve to run this years’ race! Join the fun and festivities!
Start 2017 off with a bang! This race welcomes families and participants of all ages to come run or crawl your way through your First Resolution!Bring warm layers of clothes, tie up your running shoes and get ready to start the New Year right!
Take home a commemorative award! Deadline to order is December 14th
Whether you’re participating or watching, help out a little!Volunteers will be provided with food, drinks, & appreciation!
Join us for a what-to-wear meet-up and the AVL WBL Kick-off Party
When: Thursday, November 3rd at 6:30pm
Where: Sycamore Cycles in downtown Hendersonville (map)
Even experienced, tough veterans can find this matter of dressing for fall and winter rides confusing and difficult. Showing up at a ride smartly dressed doesn’t only ensure a comfortable outing and add to your enjoyment—it also marks you as a smart rider.
Also, come out and meet your AVL WBL Group Ride Leaders and ask all your burning questions about the upcoming Asheville Winter Bike League.
PIZZA PROVIDED BY WEST FIRST PIZZA!
Please RSVP on our facebook page OR by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, November 2nd.
Announcing the Inaugural AVL WBL Bike Swap!
The AVL WBL Bike Swap is a bike bargain hunter’s paradise. This huge bike garage sale will have great deals on new and used bike related goods of all types and sizes. Anyone with a surplus of road, mountain, track, or commuter bike gear (components, frames, clothing and complete bikes) can rent a seller’s space at the AVL WBL Bike Swap.
When: Post-Ride: AVL WBL Kickoff ride on Saturday, November 19th (approximately 1-3pm). The kickoff ride will be leaving from the Carmichael Training Systems parking lot!
Where: Carmichael Training Systems/Hub Parking Lot and Grassy Area (map)
How To Sell:
Cost is $10 for individuals and $25 for businesses - all proceeds from the swap space rental will go to iDream Athletes Foundation. Cash payment made when you arrive to set up on Saturday. RSVP to email@example.com by Thursday, November 17th at midnight to reserve your spot. If you do not RSVP you may not get a spot at the swap!
Space is limited!
Set up Times:
Set up either 9am-9:30 (before the ride) and then again at 12:30-1pm (after the ride)
How to set-up:
You may set up your items for sale using a 10×10 tent/table (must bring your own) or in the parking lot in the back of your trunk, van, trailer or SUV. There will be a sectioned off area just for the swap and for paid sellers.
Most sellers are cash only. This sale is one day only so don’t miss it!
Food will be available to purchase from local food trucks and beer at the Hub!
First ride of the 2016/2017 season will be November 19, 2016 at 10am and will leave from the Carmichael Training Systems parking lot
See you out there!
We are excited to see you at the 2nd Annual Trick or Trail 5 Mile & 1 Mile Spooky Sprint this Saturday, October 22nd.
**Headlamps/flashlights are required for this event,
it will take place at dark!**
RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
TRICK OR TRAIL (5 Mile) & SPOOKY SPRINT (One Mile) Schedule
Saturday, October 22nd, 2016
5pm-6:15pm- Packet Pick Up and onsite Registration under the pavillion
6:30pm-1 Mile Spooky Sprint Start
7:00pm- 5 Mile Start
7:00pm until…Post Race Food provided by Ingles Markets
8:30- Awards presentation and Costume Contest awards presentation
Location: Dupont Forest: Guion Farm Event Area,
Hendersonville, NC (map)
Frightful Fun for the Whole Family!
Costumes are highly encouraged. We will be giving out awards for most creative, funniest and most classic halloween costumes.
Limited Spots remain in both the one mile and the five mile events so bring your friends or send them this email and have them register before the event!
Directions + Course Map + Parking
Guion Farm at Dupont State Forest
3045 Sky Valley Rd, Hendersonville, NC 28739 (map)
Directions and Parking:
From Crab Creek Road (Brevard/Hendersonville)
Turn south 0.7 miles on DuPont Road to a left on Sky Valley Road. Follow Sky Valley Road past the junction of Old CCC Road to the Guion Farm Access Area 1.6 miles on the right. Follow parking signs/volunteer instructions. There will be plenty of parking.
From Cedar Mountain (US-276)
Turn north 2.5 miles on Cascade Lake Road past the Corn Mill Shoals Access Area. Turn right at the DuPont State Recreational Forest sign 4.6 miles on Staton Road past the Buck Forest, Hooker Falls and Lake Imaging Access Areas. Turn right 1.6 miles on Sky Valley Road past the junction of Old CCC Road to the Guion Farm Access Area on the right.
Course Map (Click to Enlarge):
View this Course on MapMyRun
Trick or Trail 5 mile Course Description:
- 7:00pm Start at Buck Forest Road
- Turn immediate right onto Hickory Mountain Road and follow for approx .25 miles
- Left onto White Pine Trail .5 mile
- Right onto Buck Forest Road for approx. .75 miles
- Right onto Jim Branch Trail approx .1 mile
- Left onto Isaac Heath Trail for .5 miles
- Right onto Locust Trail for .4 miles
- Straight across veering LEFTISH onto Hilltop trail for 1 mile
- Right onto Lake Imaging road approx. .1 mile
- Left onto Buck Forest Road and continue til finish approx. 1.4 miles
1 mile Spooky Sprint Course Description:
- 6:30pm-START at Buck Forest and Hickory Mountain Road
- Hickory Mountain Road for approx. .25 miles
- Left onto White Pine Road .5 miles
- Left onto Buck Forest Road for approx. .25 miles to the FINISH
Because of the unique nature of this event being at dark, it’s important that you know the course ahead of event-time. Please take a moment to print out the course map, review it and put it in your race belt in case you need it night-of:
- We love to run and race with headphones too, but for these races we CANNOT ALLOW HEADPHONES on the trails because of safety concerns, as you cannot hear when people are trying to get around you.
- Both events will occur in the dark, so it is REQUIRED that you have light (from your headlamp or other light) when you line-up to start! There will be NO headlamps/lights for sale night-of the event!
- Both courses will be marked with tape, signs and volunteer course marshals, as well as local EMS officials. If you get off-course, please return to the nearest course marker that you remember for volunteer instruction.
- We ask that you line yourself up at the start line according to your run/walk pace. If you are a slower runner, we ask that you please start more towards the back of the starting line-up. It will eliminate congestion if you line yourself up appropriately on race evening! Everyone will have a better experience.
- You may run/jog to warm up prior to the race on the course trails until 6:30pm when the 1-Mile Spooky Sprint event begins, or between 6:30-6:55pm on Tarklin Branch Trl. right beside of Guion Farm Parking Lot
- These events will not be “Haunted House-spooky”, meaning there will not be chainsaws, people jumping out of the woods, or things falling on you from the trees. The ‘spooky factor’ comes from the beauty of night-time trail running! There will be volunteers on both of the courses dressed in costumes to add entertainment to the event! There will be costume judging so come dressed in your best classic, funniest or most creative costume!
- Port-o-johns will be at the Start/Finish area (Guion Farm Area)
- There is no bag check for this event; please keep any valuables and other items in your car (cars are parked right beside of Start/Finish Area)
- SPECTATOR TIPS: There are plenty of great spots to see your friends and family members at this event near the Start/Finish Line and along Buck Forest Road! Check out the race hub map below to see some of the best viewing areas for the event.
- Please be respectful of the beautiful, forest property that the event is being held in so we can continue this event for many years! Please carry your trash with you and put it in a trash can at the end of the event. Do not litter in our beautiful DuPont State Forest!
Post Race Food:
This year Ingles Market will be serving up delicious belly warming soups, snacks, hot chocolate and hot apple cider. These items are FREE for participants. Non-participants can enjoy soup and snacks for $5 or grab a hot chocolate or hot apple cider for $1. Cash or check only!
You don’t want to miss out on the chance to win a locally-made, soup bowl prize. Age Group and Overall Winners in the 5 Mile event, get to take one home! Costume contest winners will also be announced at the awards ceremony.
Make sure you cast your vote for the most creative, funniest and most classic costumes!
Note: The one-mile fun run is an un-timed event.
5 Mile Award Categories
- Overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd (Gift certificates to Fleet Feet Running Store and pottery award!)
- Masters 1st (Gift certificates to Fleet Feet Running Store and pottery award!)
- Age Groups 1st, 2nd, 3rd (Hand-crafted, locally-made pottery award!)
- 19 and under, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70 & over
1-mile Spooky Sprint Is a ‘fun-run’ and is un-timed. (All youth and children in the one mile fun run will receive a finisher award)
Looking for fun volunteers who are not afraid of the dark!