- This event has passed.
Lung Buster Time Trials – July
July 1, 2021
Join us for the Lung Buster Time Trial Series!
The Lung Buster Time Trial series is a five-part series of competitive cycling events. The events take place here in Western North Carolina at five different routes, and the goal is to provide a fun and professional race experience for cyclists while adhering to safe social distancing guidelines. All levels and abilities are welcome!
Due to the pandemic and social distancing and event gathering restrictions, the 2021 Lung Buster Time Trial Series has a twist with extended durations for participation for each event.
Our unique mix of different racing environments allows riders of different strengths and focuses to level the playing field amongst competitors. Whether you’re an elite time trial champion or a recreational rider on any bike of your choosing, come out and join the Lung Buster! We have multiple categories to choose from.
New for 2021: Participants have ONE MONTH to complete each ride and to make as many attempts to better your time!
(Time Trial #1) Etowah (flat) - April
(Time Trial #2) Bearwallow - (hill-climb) - May
(Time Trial #3) Elk Mountain - (hill climb) - June
(Time Trial #4) River Road in Asheville (Marshall) (flat) - July
(Time Trial #5) Jump off Rock (hill-climb) - August
Note: we are working on having a grand finale, in person race for this final race (Jump off Rock) in the series, stay-tuned!
- Includes access to participate in all 5 events (participate in one, two or all five…)
- Can participate as an individual (solo) and/or as a 2 person team, or both, for no additional cost!
- Maps, course profile, parking, and information provided for each event
- The official, super comfy, 2021 Lung Buster Time Trial Series shirt for FREE!
- A super cool, commemorative medal
- Free shipping of goodies
- Downloadable Finisher Certificate
- Download Personalized Bib
- As many attempts as you want on the course for an entire month! Upload results to event Results Page as soon as you have completed the race so that we can keep the friendly competition going throughout the month.
- Access to our Strava Club for this Series