Join us at Fletcher Park for our Pop-up 5k in the Park Series!
You can also participate in the Pop Up 5K Virtual Challenge at any park, anytime!
This is our newest, creative and socially distant event! No frills - just running! Our iDaph Team will be at Fletcher Park every 2nd and 4th Wednesday from July through September to offer you a bib and a chip timed 5K event for $10. Sign up for all 6 races for just $50 to receive a super comfy, awesome t-shirt and a commemorative series medal, and to be included in our series scoring and win prizes. Last day to be included in the series is August 12th! You can still sign up for each event individually after this date. To be counted in the series you must run 4 out of 6 events.
We have rolling starts from 6-8pm. Arrive anytime between these hours and we will cheer you on from a safe, 6′ distance away. We want to motivate you to run and stay healthy, offer some stress relief and have a whole lot of fun.
You can also sign up for the Pop Up in the 5K Park Virtual Challenge and run at any park of your choosing, at any time. Your results will be easily submitted from your electronic device through our online registration.
$1 from every registration will go to the Fletcher Park Development Fund for enhancing and adding sitting and shaded areas within the park.
Let’s have some fun running together safely this summer!
This is a dog friendly event! Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times.
Sign up for series and win prizes, a free t-shirt and a medal!
In-Person and Virtual series/challenge scoring will be based on the 4 fastest times from each participant. For that reason, in-person participants must show up to at least four races, and virtual participants must submit at least four times to be eligible for awards. Other awards will be given out to the following finishers:
The 5 most improved participants from the first event to the last event (male and female)
The top 10 best series/challenge scores (male and female). These scores will be based on each participant’s four fastest runs.
More awards categories will be announced as we go along!
Testimony from Mariah King, Pop Up 5K participant
$1 for each entry goes towards Fletcher Park!
Here’s Greg Walker, Director for Fletcher Parks and Recreation, talking about how funding for parks has changed during COVID-19, and how Pop Up 5K is helping to support the park. Greg also ran the 5K and talks about his experience.
FOR UPDATES FOLLOW OUR FACEBOOK EVENTS PAGE!
Here’s what we are doing to keep our in-person events as safe as possible for everyone:
• There will be no mass gathering at the start line. The rolling start will be from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
• The start and finish lines will be separate to avoid having too many people together at once.
• All staff/volunteers will be required to wear a face covering during the event.
• Participants are encouraged to wear a face covering until the event starts and then put it back on after they are finished running/walking in the event.
• Unfortunately, with social distancing measures in place, we will not have a finish line ‘experience’ of music, hanging out and waiting on the results or an awards ceremony. After you are finished with your race, we ask that participants head out of the finish/venue area.
• We will provide hand sanitizer stations, and will continually wipe down frequently used surfaces.
• Increased portajons with hand sanitizer at the park.
• Participants will not be permitted to form in groups. They must maintain 6 foot distancing while in the start/finish area, in the event hub.
We are aiming to make this event as safe as possible!
If you select an In-Person event…
• Register for the race from home or at the event from your phone.
• Race maps will be emailed to registered participants prior to race day (please print your own).
• Show up to the Fletcher Park pavilion anytime from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM to pickup your bib.
• The races will have a rolling start (i.e. no mass start or congregating of any sort at the start line) from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Once you’ve picked up your bib, you can start whenever you like during that time frame! The event will be scored on chip time, so there will be no pressure to start earlier or later in the evening.
• To adhere to public health guidelines and promote social distancing, there will be no post-race festivities. Once you’re done with your run, we ask that you exit the finish area.
• Results will be published online by the end of the next day (Thursday).
• Access to the Private ‘Run Local’ Strava Club
• If you select the series, you’ll receive a Run Local shirt and commemorative medal for free!
If you select the Virtual Challenge …
• Pre-register for the Virtual Challenge online.
• Complete your 5k runs anytime, anywhere and submit your results on our page (must include a screenshot with time and distance from your GPS watch/unit/phone app/etc).
Once you’ve registered, you’ll have access to…
• the official course map (which you can choose to run on your own ‘self-serve’ if you want)
• the official Spotify playlist for the event
a custom print-at-home runner bib emailed to you prior to your race
• a custom, printable finisher certificate upon completion of the event
Access to the Private ‘Run Local’ Strava Club
• A Run Local shirt and commemorative medal mailed to you for free!
• More info in the Virtual section below…
Virtual Registration & Info
We’ve got awesome Run Local swag available for these races! Series/Challenge participants will receive the shirt and commemorative medal for free (virtual participants will have swag mailed to them).
If you’re just dropping by for one of our In-Person events, shirts and tank tops will also be available for purchase when you register.
Run Local shirts are free for Series and Challenge participants and also available during registration for $15
Tank Tops are available during registration for $20
DONATE TO A GREAT LOCAL ORGANIZATION
By making a monetary contribution to iDream Athletes Foundation, you help make an opportunity possible for WNC residents to enjoy the experience of a sporting event or activity, whether it be participating in our Asheville Winter Bike League (AVLWBL), the purchase of a new bike for local youth or adults, race entry fees paid for an unemployed athlete, or swimming lessons for someone training for their upcoming big event or Ironman! Join us in helping our local athletic community by making a tax-deductible contribution today.
M-F: 9am - 5pm