Pop up 5k Summer Series
2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month
June 23 - August 25
Rolling Start - anytime between 6 pm - 7:30 pm
Bill Moore Community Park in Fletcher, NC
The Pop up 5k events are a fun, safe way to keep you motivated to run through the summer, to help you reach your fitness goals, raise money for Bill Moore Community Park, AND spend some fun outdoors with your friends and family in a fun, welcoming and non-intimidating race setting… all while staying socially distanced throughout the entire race.
Our iDaph Team will be at Bill Moore Community Park (formerly Fletcher Park) every 2nd and 4th Wednesday in June, July & August, starting on Wednesday, June 23rd!
With a rolling start from 6-7:30 pm, there are no crowds! For just $15, you get a fully-marked course, a race number with chip timing, and your results will be posted online on our Race Roster page. You can add a medal for $10 or a Run Local shirt for $15 to an individual race, or sign up for all five races in the series and get both the shirt and medal included in registration
The Event Includes:
• Register for the race from home or at the event from your phone.
• Show up to the Fletcher Park pavilion anytime from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM to pick up your bib.
• The races will have a rolling start (i.e. no mass start or congregating of any sort at the start line) from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM. Once you’ve picked up your bib, you can start whenever you like during that time frame! The event will be scored on chip time, so there will be no pressure to start earlier or later in the evening.
• To adhere to public health guidelines and promote social distancing, there will be no post-race festivities. Once you’re done with your run, we ask that you exit the finish area.
• Results will be published online by the end of the next day (Thursday).
• Access to the Official Strava Club
• If you select the series, you’ll receive a Run Local shirt and commemorative medal for free!
Let’s have even more fun this year! Each race will have a different theme! We won’t have prizes for the fastest runner in each race, instead, we will do 3 random drawings for prizes for each race.
Wednesday, June 23 - Partner Run
Wednesday, July 14 - BlackJack Run
Wednesday, July 28 - Hawaiian Luau
Wednesday, August 11 - Rewind Night (Run the course in Reverse)
Wednesday, August 25 - 80s themed 5k
It’s easy! Sign up online, check in at the check-in section at Bill Moore Community Park (formerly Fletcher Park) in Fletcher, NC when you arrive anytime between 5 and 6:30pm, and RUN! Results will be posted online the next day.
Asheville Personal Training will be leading a dynamic warm-up at 6 PM & 6:30 PM for free for all participants at each Pop-Up in the Park!
AWARDS & RESULTS
The beautiful and flat 5K Route is a fully marked course that starts next to the baseball fields in Fletcher Park and then runs onto the path along the creek. The trail is a mix of dirt and gravel, paved and some grass. The start and finish lines are not the same, but they are in the same vicinity. CLICK HERE FOR THE GPS ROUTE
SUPER AWESOME SWAG
You’ll get this swag for FREE when you register for the In-Person Series
RUN LOCAL TANK
Represent the run all year long with these awesome Run Local Tank! Available for purchase when you register.
New for 2021! Each race will be a themed event. We will have prizes for each of our themes at our events and will announce those prior to each race.
DEFERRALS, TRANSFERS AND CANCELATION POLICIES
There are no deferrals and/or transfers for Pop Up 5K in the Park. If the event gets canceled, all in-person participants will be automatically transferred to the virtual option. There are no refunds for these events.
SUMMER SERIES 2021